In the post-Dodd Frank era, new SEC regulations have dramatically altered the management and reporting requirements of alternative investment funds. REM has the experience and knowledge to guide fund managers into compliance and lead them to capital growth with these alternative investment structures. Our partners have worked with some of the best-known investment organizations, and work with you at every stage in your life cycle, from the inception of the plan through its growth as a start-up and into fruition as an established fund. We provide advice and services for every fund.
Attest and Audit
- GAAP-based annual financial statement examinations to comply with SEC-mandated 120- or 180-day submission of financial statements to investors.
- REM maintains an office in the Cayman Islands, enabling us to handle issues with CIMA compliance, as well as handle master-feeder or any single-fund offshore structures.
- Review of historical investment performance returns.
- Tax structuring to meet the needs and objectives of the individual investment vehicle, its investors, and the fund manager
- Timely preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns of the funds and investor K-1s
- Preparation of year-end estimates of taxable income for dissemination to fund investors
- Preparation of tax returns for a fund’s investment manager, general partner, and individual owners
- Tax planning and consulting regarding complex securities transactions.
- Regulatory, operational, and structural guidance for fund managers at a fund’s inception, and throughout its stages of growth
- Review and assistance in the formation of the fund operating documents and private placement memorandum
- Determination of the most efficient organizational structure for economic and tax purposes
- Advisement to meet investor liquidity requirements
- Assistance in the selection of fund service providers
- Management company business planning, operating budgets, and compensation structures.