U.S. federal, state, and local compliance

Tax compliance is different for a foreign person working in the US. REM can guide you at every step of the way. We provide our clients with tax planning and consulting for maximum efficiency at both state and federal levels. For example:

  • We help process all necessary forms and look at treaty positions with your native country so that all tax advantages will be used
  • We will aid you with W-8BEN and other W-8 forms, requiring tax withholding
  • We have prepared thousands of forms 1040-NR. Approach REM with your questions
  • We can assist with form 1042, withholding for income earned in the U.S.
  • Foreign corporations may have to pay federal tax in the U.S. We have assisted hundreds in finding treaty positions that allow businesses to pay zero federal U.S. tax
  • We are prepared to assist corporations and partnerships from foreign countries with all required state and local registrations. This is critical in order to do business in the U.S.