Employee Benefit Plans
Our professionals are well versed in the nuances of employee benefit plan compliance for both public and private plan sponsors. We proactively assist clients by identifying issues relating to plan operations, design, and compliance throughout our audits. As a member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, REM has committed to adhere to the Institute’s highest standards. In addition, as a PCAOB-registered firm, REM is qualified to audit plans that have a public filing requirement on Form 11-K with the SEC.
As these plans are now subject to examination by the Department of Labor, our experts work closely with human resources and finance department personnel third-party administrators, consultants, and asset custodians to ensure that every audit is complete, accurate, and compliant. We can review a plan’s systems, procedures, and controls, and make recommendations to enhance efficiencies.
We provide auditing and consulting services for:
- Single and multi-employer plans
- Defined contribution plans such as 401(k), 403(b) , profit-sharing
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Assistance in the development and structure of deferred compensation and other nonqualified plans
- Annual review of Form 5500
- Assistance with design and implementation of all other health and welfare benefit plans
- Operational reviews
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) compliance