After a three-month marathon session of tax work, many tax accountants will be breathing a sigh of relief at midnight on April 17. Once the realization sets in that the due date has passed and they are unburdened from the intense weight of that deadline, now what? Time to deflate and recharge is essential to anyone that has just gone through such a gauntlet. The REM Cycle polled the staff of Raich Ende Malter and compiled the top 10 things that tax accountants will be doing on Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
Some of the fill-in responses were great, but didn't receive enough votes to make it onto the chart. Honorable mentions include:
- "Sit in silence and wait for the next tax season."
- "Celebrating my 47th wedding anniversary." Congratulations, by the way!
- "Keep working on April 30th deadlines. Sincerely, the financial services group."
- "Watch a Mets game all the way through without falling asleep."
- "Deal with all the file rejections -- tax season doesn't end on the deadline."
- "Celebrating my birthday April 18th, along with many checked items." Happy birthday!
- "Have the luxury of deciding what to do when I wake up that day. Not knowing is exciting and may be something wonderfully unexpected."
What are your plans for tomorrow? Let us know in the comments section below.